Building the System of Improvement
One widely used system of improvement is built on five components:
1. Establishing constancy of purpose in the organization
2. Understanding the organization as a system
3. Designing and managing a system for gathering information for improvement
4. Conducting planning for improvement and integrating it with business planning
5. Managing and learning from a portfolio of improvement initiatives
These five activities are focused on aligning all of the improvement efforts in an organization so that the changes that are developed and implemented move the organization in a desired direction. The activities are very interdependent and have to be considered as a system. This approach protects against suboptimization ...
Get The Improvement Guide: A Practical Approach to Enhancing Organizational Performance, Second Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from nearly 200 publishers.