Book DescriptionAll kinds of books have been written about building trust and teamwork. But The Improvisation Edge is the only one that draws on the knowledge of experts in trust building: theatrical improvisers. Think about it: other than combat, no situation requires more extreme trust than improv. You have no script, costumes, or set—nothing but your fellow actors. Improvisers must manage risk, collaborate radically, create deep trust, and turn disasters into opportunities—which are also vital business skills.
Karen Hough describes four secrets that help leaders, trainers, managers, and frontline employees adopt the improviser's mind-set. You'll learn techniques to create a positive environment, encourage fearless participation, and turn “Oops!” into “Eureka!” The Improvisation Edge offers a hands-on way to build an organizational culture that makes breakthrough business results possible.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction Your Biggest Problem at Work and the Most Unexpected Solution
- The First Secret of Improvisation Yes! Space
- The Second Secret of Improvisation Building Blocks
- The Third Secret of Improvisation Team Equity
- The Fourth Secret of Improvisation Oops to Eureka!
- Conclusion Practice. Then Celebrate!
- About the Author
- Title: The Improvisation Edge
- Release date: March 2011
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781605096599