Agile is the ability to quickly and naturally adapt to respond to changes.Most companies are inherently fragile and not agile – when they are hit by new developments, shifting consumer behavior or fast-moving competition, they struggle and even cease to exist!
Inner Building Blocks is a novel about Neil Frost, a Director of Digital Transformation and Agile Centre of Excellence at Walkers Mart. The company is already grappling with a failing transformation and on the verge of bankruptcy when COVID-19 strikes!
Sid, the Coach instils constructive discomfort through a series of probing questions to:
- Rethink agility and reimagine the future of work with hybrid operating models.
- Launch a series of experiments to reinvent the Building Blocks (e.g., strategy, talent, culture, structures, practices and digital technologies).
- Discover twenty-six solutions to embrace lean-agile mindset for strategic agility.
Could the company survive amid the global pandemic and ensuing supply chain challenges?
A compelling storytelling approach and provocative dialogues provide relatable context to adopt the concepts. The principles and techniques are delicately camouflaged within the underlying characters, their conversations and situations.
Table of contents
- Half-Title Page
- Title Page
- Chapter 1 The Discovery: Background, Key Players, and Situations
- Sprint 1 Current State Assessment
- Sprint 2 Reflection and Reimagination
Sprint 3 Analysis and Improvements
- Chapter 9 Fragile FRAMEWORK: Limitations of Emulating Scaling Frameworks
- Chapter 10 Structural Side Effects: Bureaucracy of a Hierarchical ORGANIZATION
- Chapter 11 Flattening the Curve: Shift From Vertical to HORIZONTAL Organization
- Chapter 12 Vultures of the CULTURE: Critical Role of Leaders in Mindset Shift
- Chapter 13 TALENT Escalator: Establishing the Continuous Flow of Capabilities
- Sprint 4 Rebuilding and Recovery
- Summary of the Chapters
- Glossary of Terms
- List of Problems and Solutions
- About the Author
- Title: The Inner Building Blocks
- Release date: May 2022
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781637422205
You might also like
Software development today is embracing events and streaming data, which optimizes not only how technology interacts …
Learning Modern Linux
If you use Linux in development or operations and need a structured approach to help you …
Generative Deep Learning, 2nd Edition
Generative AI is the hottest topic in tech. This practical book teaches machine learning engineers and …
Quick Start Guide to Large Language Models: Strategies and Best Practices for using ChatGPT and Other LLMs
The advancement of Large Language Models (LLMs) has revolutionized the field of Natural Language Processing in …