Build and program projects that tap into the Internet of Things (IoT) using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and BeagleBone Black!
This innovative guide gets you started right away working with the most popular processing platforms, wireless communication technologies, the Cloud, and a variety of sensors. You’ll learn how to take advantage of the utility and versatility of the IoT and connect devices and systems to the Internet using sensors. Each project features a list of the tools and components, how-to explanations with photos and illustrations, and complete programming code. All projects can be modified and expanded, so you can build on your skills.
The Internet of Things: DIY Projects with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and BeagleBone Black
- Shows you how to use IBM’s Net Beans IDE and the Eclipse IDE
- Explains how to set up small-scale networks to connect the projects to the Internet
- Includes essential tips for setting up and using a MySQL database.
The fun, DIY projects in the book include:
- Raspberry Pi home temperature measurements
- Raspberry Pi surveillance webcams
- Raspberry Pi home weather station
- Arduino garage door controller
- Arduino irrigation controller
- Arduino outdoor lighting controller
- Beaglebone message panel
- Beaglebone remote control SDR
- Machine-to-machine demonstration project