How do I handle personal or oddball questions?
THIS CHAPTER LOOKS AT:
- What employers don’t tell you about personality factors
- Sharpening up your self-awareness
- How every question is an assessment of personality
- New ideas regarding strengths and weaknesses
- Rolling with oddball questions
HOW FAR DO EMPLOYERS CONSIDER PERSONALITY?
In the past, interviews looked at intangible things like ‘character’, seeking evidence from your family background or schooling. Today, after a half century of attention to fairness in recruitment, employers are under pressure to seek only job-related evidence. However, CVs don’t come to work, people do, and accurately predicting how someone will perform in a role is notoriously difficult. Under ...