This book introduces state-of-the-art verification techniques for real-time embedded systems, based on the inverse method for parametric timed automata. It reviews popular formalisms for the specification and verification of timed concurrent systems and, in particular, timed automata as well as several extensions such as timed automata equipped with stopwatches, linear hybrid automata and affine hybrid automata.
The inverse method is introduced, and its benefits for guaranteeing robustness in real-time systems are shown. Then, it is shown how an iteration of the inverse method can solve the good parameters problem for parametric timed automata by computing a behavioral cartography of the system. Different extensions are proposed particularly for hybrid systems and applications to scheduling problems using timed automata with stopwatches. Various examples, both from the literature and industry, illustrate the techniques throughout the book.
Various parametric verifications are performed, in particular of abstractions of a memory circuit sold by the chipset manufacturer ST-Microelectronics, as well as of the prospective flight control system of the next generation of spacecraft designed by ASTRIUM Space Transportation.
1. Parametric Timed Automata.
2. The Inverse Method for Parametric Timed Automata.
3. The Inverse Method in Practice: Application to Case Studies.
4. Behavioral Cartography of Timed Automata.
5. Parameter Synthesis for Hybrid Automata.
6. Application to the Robustness Analysis of Scheduling Problems.
7. Conclusion and Perspectives.
Table of contents
- Title page
- Copyright page
- Chapter 1: Parametric Timed Automata
- Chapter 2: The Inverse Method for Parametric Timed Automata
- Chapter 3: The Inverse Method in Practice: Application to Case Studies
- Chapter 4: Behavioral Cartography of Timed Automata
- Chapter 5: Parameter Synthesis for Hybrid Automata
- Chapter 6: Application to the Robustness Analysis of Scheduling Problems
- Chapter 7: Conclusion and Perspectives
- Title: The Inverse Method: Parametric Verification of Real-time Embedded Systems
- Release date: March 2013
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781848214477
You might also like
Reversing: Secrets of Reverse Engineering
Beginning with a basic primer on reverse engineering-including computer internals, operating systems, and assembly language-and then …
Control of Synchronous Motors
Synchronous motors are indubitably the most effective device to drive industrial production systems and robots with …
Elementary Linear Algebra, 11th Edition
gives an elementary treatment of linear algebra that is suitable for a first course for undergraduate …
Political Theory is about the description, observation, analysis and inquiry into the issues of political science. …