The first edition of "The iPhone Book" was chosen by Amazon's
editors as their Computer/Technology Book of the Year. This new
version of the book, totally updated and expanded for the 3G
iPhone, was chosen by Amazon as one of their "Top 10 Must-Have
Books" in their annual list of the most "gift-worthy" books of the
Here's why this book has become such a hit with iPhone users around the world: it's not a “Tell-me-all-about-it” book, which has in-depth discussions on everything from wireless network protocols to advanced compression codes. Instead it's a “show-me-how-to-do-it” book, that skips all the confusing techno-jargon and just tells you, in plain simple English, exactly how to use the iPhone features you want to use most.
The book’s layout is brilliant, with each page covering just one single topic, so finding the information you need is quick and easy, with a large full-color photo on each page so you can see exactly how it works.
In this book, you'll learn:
• How to set up and manage your email the right way from the start
• How to take advantage of the iPhone's Web features (including important tips that help you avoid frustration, and get you where you want to go fast!)
• How to download and install applications from Apple's online App Store
• The key trouble-shooting tips you've got to know
• How to get your favorite photos onto your iPhone, tips for using its built-in camera, and how to make the most of the iPhone's surprisingly powerful photo features
• The tips you've got to know to use your iPhone's built-in iPod features, including watching videos, podcasts, TV shows and movies (you're going to amazed at some of the cool things you can do)
• How to use the iPhone's built-in applications to organize your life (you'll learn things in this chapter you didn't know the iPhone could do!)
• The top 20 tips for the iPhone's phone feature that will make you fall in love with it (you'll never want to use any other phone again)
• Plus so much more, including a special bonus chapter called "iPhone Killer Tips" where you'll learn those hidden secrets that you'll be passing on to your iPhone friends (and they will be amazed!).
The iPhone Book is from Scott Kelby, the award-winning author of the smash bestseller, The iPod Book, who teams up once again with gadget guru, and iPhone authority, Terry White to put together a book that is an awful lot like the iPhone itself—simple to use and fun to learn.
In this major update to the book, Scott and Terry added even more tips, more tricks, and made it even easier by focusing on just the most useful and most requested features (without all the techno-babble) so you can start really using your iPhone today!
BONUS VIDEO: The authors put together a special in-depth video just for readers of the book where they not only share their favorite iPhone accessories, but they share even more of those hidden little time-saving tips that can make all the difference in the world.
If you've been waiting for a book that focuses on just the most important, most useful, and most fun stuff about your iPhone—you’ve found it.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- Scott’s Acknowledgments
- Terry’s Acknowledgments
- About the Authors
- Seven Things You’ll Wish You Had Known...
- Before Reading This Book!
- Chapter One: The Bare Essentials
- Chapter Two: Phoneheads
- Chapter Three: Please Mr. Postman
- Chapter Four: Surfin’ Safari
- Chapter Five: Tool Time
- Chapter Six: The Song Remains the Same
- Chapter Seven: Video Killed the Radio Star
- Chapter Eight: One Hour Photo
- Chapter Nine: Cereal Killer
- Chapter Ten: The Trouble with Boys
- Chapter Eleven: Setting Me Off
- Title: The iPhone Book: How to Do the Most Important, Useful & Fun Stuff with Your iPhone, Second Edition
- Release date: October 2008
- Publisher(s): Peachpit Press
- ISBN: 9780321604064
You might also like
Yogyathwa: Simple Access to Powerful Leadership
This concept of Yoga or Yogyathwa has been articulated by many thinkers and spiritual teachers in …
vSphere 6 Foundations (Exam #2V0-620)
Over 9 hours of training so you can pass the vSphere 6 Foundations (#2V0-620) exam. Description …
Brand Real: How Smart Companies Live Their Brand Promise and Inspire Fierce Customer Loyalty
Companies are forever being more creative in their branding strategies, building identities ranging from the warm-and-fuzzy …
How to find clarity amid the turbulence of work and life We all wish we had …