5.2. Assignment Conversion
Assignment conversion occurs when the value of an expression is assigned (§15.26) to a variable: the type of the expression must be converted to the type of the variable.
Assignment contexts allow the use of one of the following:
• an identity conversion (§5.1.1)
• a widening primitive conversion (§5.1.2)
• a widening reference conversion (§5.1.5)
• a boxing conversion (§5.1.7) optionally followed by a widening reference conversion
• an unboxing conversion (§5.1.8) optionally followed by a widening primitive conversion.
It is a compile-time error if the chain of conversions ...