7 Hooked on metaprogramming
This chapter covers
- Applying cross-functional behavior with metaprogramming and reflection
- Using symbols to create interoperability between different realms in your application
- Understanding the basics of the Proxy/Reflect APIs
- Enhancing the execution of methods with decorators
- Performing leaner error handling with the throw expressions proposal
A program's text is just one representation of the program. Programs are not text. . . . We need a different way to store and work with our programs.
—Sergey Dmitriev, president and co-founder of JetBrains
Imagine a company like Intel that builds CPU chips. To automate a lot of the repetitive tasks, the company programs robots ...