Throughout this book, nine books by Bruce R. Hopkins (in some instances as co-author), all published by John Wiley & Sons, are referenced as follows:
- IRS Audits of Tax-Exempt Organizations: Policies, Practices, and Procedures (2008): cited as IRS Audits.
- The Law of Fundraising, Fourth Edition (2009): cited as Fundraising.
- The Law of Intermediate Sanctions: A Guide for Nonprofits (2003): cited as Intermediate Sanctions.
- The Law of Tax-Exempt Organizations, Tenth Edition (2011): cited as Exempt Organizations.
- Planning Guide for The Law of Tax-Exempt Organizations: Strategies and Commentaries (2004): cited as Planning Guide.
- Private Foundations: Tax Law and Compliance, Third Edition (2008): cited as Private Foundations.
- Starting and Managing a Nonprofit Organization: A Legal Guide, Fifth Edition (2009): cited as Starting and Managing.
- The Tax Law of Charitable Giving, Fourth Edition (2010): cited as Charitable Giving.
- The Tax Law of Unrelated Business for Nonprofit Organizations (2005): cited as Unrelated Business.
The second, fourth, sixth, and eighth of these books are annually supplemented.
Updates on all of the foregoing subjects (plus The Law of Tax-Exempt Healthcare Organizations) are available in Bruce R. Hopkins' Nonprofit Counsel, Mr. Hopkins' monthly newsletter, also published by Wiley.