The customer journey 2: technology journey
However thoroughly a business reviews its customer touch points, it also needs to be sure that its technology strategy is aligned to the customer.
Frequency – periodic reviews.
Key participants – all customer-facing staff.
Leadership rating ****
No business today operates without even the most rudimentary PC-based technology. Increasingly technology underpins nearly every customer interface. Consider even a limited list:
- online and in-app ordering and e-mail confirmations;
- speech-recognition telephone ordering;
- credit card and PayPal payment systems;
- web-based customer service;
- social media interaction;
- online information resources – including ‘frequently asked questions’;
- electronic ...