Book descriptionA comprehensive blueprint for the enlightened leader
The Leadership Contract is the modern leader's handbook for organizational renewal. Leaders are no longer "rulers," nor are they accidental—in today's business climate, leadership is both a trait and a specific set of skills. It's about trust, commitment, communication, and drive. This book shows you how to become the leader your organization needs. You'll go beyond adopting the habits and practices of an effective leader and actually put it in writing to establish a leadership contract that ensures the success of your company. This revised and updated edition includes new coverage of accountability, personal and organizational levels of the leadership contract, new Gut Check summary questions after each chapter, and additional opening and closing remarks to provide key insight into what the leadership role entails.
Recent studies show that only 7 percent of employees have trust and confidence in their senior leaders. How can organizations succeed without the support of their employees? This book aims to build better leaders and establish a true leadership culture that inspires the entire organization.
- Learn why a leadership contract is needed and what it entails
- Discover the real impact of your decisions and work ethic
- Motivate and inspire by making the right connections
- Facilitate a vibrant, positive culture that innovates and thrives
Exceptional leadership is the heart of a successful organization. Employees need to be able to trust in the skills, strategy, judgment, and motivation of those steering the ship. The Leadership Contract provides a blueprint for today's leaders, and guides you toward becoming the leader your employees deserve.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: My Personal Leadership Story
- Chapter 2: What's Wrong with Leadership Today?
- Chapter 3: Why We Need a Leadership Contract
- Chapter 4: Leadership Is a Decision—Make It
- Chapter 5: Leadership Is an Obligation—Step Up
- Chapter 6: Leadership Is Hard Work—Get Tough
Chapter 7: Leadership Is a Community—Connect
- The Missed Opportunity
- We Are Wired for Community
- A Rotting of Zombies
- A League of Heroes
- A Stable of Thoroughbreds
- It's Time to Build a Community of Leaders
- A Strong Community of Leaders—Clarity and Commitment
- Has Everyone Noticed the Change in the Room?
- Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Community Builder?
- Final Thoughts—How Is Help Viewed in Your Organization?
- Chapter 8: Signing the Leadership Contract
- Chapter 9: The Turning Points of Leadership
- Chapter 10: Living the Leadership Contract
- Chapter 11: Embedding the Leadership Contract in Your Organization
- About the Author
- End User License Agreement
- Title: The Leadership Contract, 2nd Edition
- Release date: January 2016
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119211846
You might also like
Leadership, Work, and the Dark Side of Personality
Leadership, Work, and the Dark Side of Personality uses an interpersonal psychological perspective to unite general …
7 Principles of Transformational Leadership
In the world of work, the single greatest asset of successful individuals, teams, and organizations is …
Ready, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat
Whether you're thinking about starting a new business or growing an existing one, Ready, Fire, Aim …
The Leadership Contract, 3rd Edition
Step up, get tough, and commit to your decision to lead The Leadership Contract provides the …