Investing do's and don'ts from some of the most recognizable voices in personal finance
It's been a tough year for investors. Many have seen their retirement accounts dwindle dramatically and are looking for a safe way to protect what they have and make back some of what they've lost. That's why the bestselling author team of Ben Stein and Phil DeMuth have created The Little Book of Investing Do's and Don'ts.
When you invest, there are essential things you should do and many things you shouldn't. The Little Book of Investing Do's and Don'ts addresses this issue and shows you how to utilize the fundamentals of finance to achieve success in today's market. This practical guide contains proven advice on navigating today's treacherous financial landscape and will put you in a better position to make more informed investment decisions.
Includes street-smart advice for the individual investor uncertain about their investment and retirement portfolios
Written by a experienced team of bestselling authors whose investment advice is accessible to everyone
Outlines the steps you must take to protect yourself from the financial calamities of modern life
The Little Book of Investing Do's and Don'ts offers quick, easy-to-follow, and entertaining advice for anyone looking to get back on the right investment track.
Table of Contents
- Additional Praise for The Little Book of Bulletproof Investing
- Introduction: Check In with the Control Tower
- 1. The Nut Behind the Wheel: Behavioral Finance in One Lesson
- 2. Wall Street Therapy: For Good and for Evil
- 3. How Not to Invest: Kids, Don't Try This at Home
- 4. How to Invest: It's Not as Fun as It Used to Be
- 5. The Holy Grail of Investing: Having Your Cake and Eating It, Too
- 6. Bulletproofing Your Investments: A Recipe for Setting Up Your Tangent Portfolios
- 7. Pulling the Trigger: Practicing Portfolio Management at Home for Fun and Profit
- 8. Become the CEO of You, Inc.: Get Wise, Get Smart, Get (Further) Educated
- 9. Human Capital 411: Your Personal Human Potential Movement
- 10. Save 'Til You Drop: Topping off Your Piggy Bank
- 11. Houses of Blues: Welcome to the Neighborhood of Poverty
- 12. Can You Still Retire Comfortably?: Retirement Was Overrated, Anyway
- 13. The End Game: "If Something Cannot Go on Forever, It Will Stop"
- So Long, Farewell
- About the Authors
- Title: The Little Book of Bulletproof Investing: Do's and Don'ts to Protect Your Financial Life
- Release date: March 2010
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470568057