Select, Implement, and Operate the Perfect LMS
If you need to manage training and education programs for employees, customers, or students, you need an LMS. Don’t waste time and money picking the wrong one.
The LMS Guidebook gets to the core of what an LMS does and how it works. This book tackles the urgent challenges you will face when putting an LMS in place: Which features are must-haves? What standards should your LMS comply with to mesh with your other technology systems? How do you migrate existing learning data into your new LMS? How can you ensure an uneventful rollout?
Not all LMS products will meet your needs. E-learning consultant Steve Foreman offers a broad view of the LMS categories and features so you can ask better questions of vendors and evaluate their products. He then turns to implementation and operation, offering in-depth guidance on how to establish appropriate standards, processes, and governance that will have your LMS running smoothly.
Whether you’re on the instructional or technical side of the LMS, you can make the job of selecting and managing one less painful by following the proven practices in this book.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Part 1: What an LMS Does and How It Works
Part 2: How to Select, Implement, and Operate an LMS
- Chapter 6: Selecting the Right LMS for Your Organization
- Chapter 7: Planning Your Implementation and Configuring the LMS
- Chapter 8: Integrating Your LMS With Other Systems and Migrating Legacy Data
- Chapter 9: Testing Your LMS and Going Live
- Chapter 10: Operating Your LMS With Standards and Governance
- Part 3: Beyond the LMS
- Appendix A: Key Takeaways From Each Chapter
- Appendix B: Glossary of IT Technical Jargon
- Appendix C: Glossary of Terms With Different Meanings for L&D and IT
- About the Author
- Title: The LMS Guidebook: Learning Management Systems Demystified
- Release date: December 2017
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781607281658
You might also like
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge ( PMBOK® Guide )—Sixth Edition (ENGLISH)
The PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition – PMI’s flagship publication has been updated to reflect the …
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Seventh Edition and The Standard for Project Management (ENGLISH)
PMBOK® Guide is the go-to resource for project management practitioners. The project management profession has significantly …
Educational Administration and Management
Educational Administration and Management is a comprehensive textbook for students pursuing B.Ed. and B.El.Ed courses, Educational …
Fundamentals of Human Resource Management, 5/e
Foundations in management beyond the HR department supports human resources training for all students of management …