Going digital is essential for companies looking to survive and thrive in today’s global economy, but many organizations lack the leadership necessary to launch an ambitious digital transformation. With this report, you’ll learn how thinking based on Agile software development can help you foster a customer-focused digital mindset—if senior leaders are ready to assume a major role in cultivating the transition.
Agile puts customers first, fosters innovation, and supports revenue-based thinking. But leadership is key. Author Jean Dahl explains how agile organizations embrace a servant leadership style that emphasizes teamwork, collaboration, and unwavering management support—in contrast to the command-and-control leadership that dominates the enterprise.
This report shows business leaders how to cast off the chains of old structures and outdated ways of working to help lead your company through this digital transition.
This report helps you:
- Understand how Agile’s values, principles, and methods enable teams to respond quickly to changing conditions
- Learn the difference between being agile and doing Agile
- Examine the 15 traits that characterize a servant leader, including leading by example and inspiring action through vision and purpose
- Explore these leadership traits through a series of illuminating stories
- Learn five steps for building a culture of servant leadership in your agile organization
Table of contents
1. The Making of an Agile Leader
- Agile Is the Answer
- The Challenging Aspects of Agile for Leaders
- What Does “Being Agile” Mean to Leaders?
- Agile’s Foundation: Servant Leadership
Steps to Building a Culture of Servant Leadership
- Step 1: Develop Your Strategic Decision-Making Framework
- Step 2: Redesign the Operating Model to Embrace an Agile Mindset
- Step 3: Conduct Company-Wide Training on Servant Leadership and Team Dynamics
- Step 4: Institute Leadership Scrum Teams and Hold Them Accountable
- Step 5: Implement the New Model and “Burn the Bridge” Behind You
- A. 15 Classic “Must Reads” for Servant Leaders
- Title: The Making of an Agile Leader
- Release date: January 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492027973
You might also like
Agile for Everybody—The Essentials of Agile and Lean
These days, every company wants to be Agile or do Agile. But what exactly does Agile …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Learning Agile is a comprehensive guide to the most popular agile methods, written in a light …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …