You know coaching is a powerful way to improve the performance of your team. But you haven’t got the time to read the manuals or go on a training course: you need fast learning and simple solutions.
This book is the answer for every busy manager who wants to learn and improve their coaching skills quickly. Highly practical and immediately applicable, it provides you with a compendium of models that can be applied easily to everyday managerial challenges.
From giving feedback to making decisions, The Manager’s Coaching Toolkit delivers fast, focused coaching skills to ensure managerial success. What’s more, The Manager’s Coaching Toolkit has an associated website www.CoachingToolbook.com with downloadable templates so that you can start coaching with the right support materials straight away.
Table of contents
- Books that make you better
- Toolkit icon summary
- Coaching toolkit roadmap – which tool to use and when
- How to hold a coaching conversation: Structure every coaching discussion to cover the five key stages – every time you COACH
- Following up on a coaching session: Helping others learn from experience and behave in new ways – a tool worth its weight in GOLD!
- Setting goals with a plan built in: The calm after this STORM is because you know what you want and where you’re going
- Giving feedback that works: Make sure your feedback can be easily swallowed and digested – give it in STAGES!
- How to find the best solution to a problem: Use this tool when a problem DROPS on to your desk!
- Difficult decisions made easy: When there is a difficult decision, OPERA can make things simple
- Decision making now and in the future: Too close to see where you are now? Unclear of your position? Stand back and SWOT it!
- Taking the pain out of performance appraisals: Reviewing performance can be daunting – break it down into six easy STAGES!
- Title: The Manager’s Coaching Toolkit: Fast and Simple Solutions for Busy Managers
- Release date: January 2009
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780131370111
You might also like
Visual Meetings: How Graphics, Sticky Notes and Idea Mapping Can Transform Group Productivity
Use eye-popping visual tools to energize your people! Just as social networking has reclaimed the Internet …
How to Coach Your Team
How to Coach Your Team helps business managers coach their teams to peak professional performance. It …
Training From the Back of the Room!: 65 Ways to Step Aside and Let Them Learn
From Sharon L. Bowman, the author of the best-selling Ten-Minute Trainer, comes the dynamic new book, …
Escaping the Build Trap
To stay competitive in today’s market, organizations need to adopt a culture of customer-centric practices that …