Today's organizations are in the learning business. Employees must take in a constant supply of new information and apply it to their work regardless of their position. Organizational learning is the process of forming and applying collective knowledge to problems and needs. Organizations learn through five main activities: 1) systematic problem solving; 2) experimentation with new approaches; 3) learning from their own experience; 4) learning from the experiences and best practices of others; and 5) transferring knowledge quickly and efficiently throughout the organization. Organizational learning requires constant reexamination of the effectiveness of one's ideas while engaging in a long-term effort to change the behaviors and practices of individuals, groups, and the organization as a whole. This pocket guide can aid you in these tasks. It is intended as a handy, easy-to-use reference that will help you identify useful learning strategies which you can then adapt to your particular circumstances.
Table of contents
- Table of Contents
Part One: What Is Organizational Learning?
- Chapter I: Organizational Learning and Individual Training
- Chapter II: Levels of Learning
- Chapter III: Learning How to Learn
- Chapter IV: Managers as Model Learners
Part Two: What Are the Strategies That Result in Small-Group Learning?
- Chapter V: Individual Learning
- Chapter VI: Strategies for Individual Learning
- Chapter VII: Small-group Learning
- Chapter VIII: Strategies for Small-group Learning
- Chapter IX: Whole-organization Learning
- Chapter X: Strategies for Whole-organization Learning
- Part Three: What Are the Organizational Structures That Support Learning?
- Part Four: Resources
- Title: The Manager's Pocket Guide to Organizational Learning
- Release date: January 2000
- Publisher(s): HRD Press
- ISBN: 9780874255881
You might also like
The Small Business Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Succeed in Your Small Business, 3rd Edition
An updated third edition of the most comprehensive guide to small business success Whether you're a …
Millionaire Teacher, 2nd Edition
Adopt the investment strategy that turned a school teacher into a millionaire Millionaire Teacher shows you …
Your business success is now forever linked to the success of your customers Customer Success is …
Your Creative Mind
Too many companies limit their strategic thinking by focusing on what they already know how to …