There are two ways a manager can reward employees: team rewards and individual rewards. There are some significant advantages and disadvantages to giving team rewards.
The advantages of team rewards are:
• The team bonds because they are working toward a common goal.
• Productivity usually rises because the more productive employees inspire the less productive employees.
• There is less absenteeism due to peer pressure.
• Communication is enhanced because it is more frequent.
The team setting for rewards can also have disadvantages:
• Some high producers don’t like working with low producers.
• There is much greater possibility of conflict.
• If the team doesn’t make the goal, there can be infighting.
• Pressure can ...