Learn everything you need to know as a leader about training – and how to use it to get results. If you're not satisfied with current levels of performance and want to turn training into a major contributor to the bottom line, this pocket-size guide will be invaluable. A simple and quick read, the book contains seven chapters that cover: The benefits of training to the organization and its customers; What is training and when is it needed; Training basics; Types of training; Sources of training delivery; Working with the training team; The future of training and how to keep up.
Table of Contents
- Chapter One Why Train?
- Chapter Two Defining and Leveraging Training
- Chapter Three How People Learn
- Chapter Four Types of Training
- Chapter Five Sources for Training Delivery
- Chapter Six Working with the Team
- Chapter Seven Looking at the Future
- About the Author
- Title: The Manager's Pocket Guide to Training
- Release date: June 2006
- Publisher(s): HRD Press
- ISBN: 9780874259254