Python is one of the most popular and widely used programming languages in a variety of fields such as data science, analysis, gaming, GUI programming, Networking, and more. Are you someone who loves challenges and gets excited about solving them? If you've been using Python for some time and would like to test how good a Python wrangler you are, you've come to the right place!
In this course, you will uncover key Python features and implement them while testing your own ability to solve particular challenges. Each unique problem will not only test your knowledge of the language, but also your ability to think outside of the box and come up with the best solutions.
Our course is divided into levels to help you go from being a beginner to professional level “Pythonista”! And in case you're stumped, you don't have to worry: we'll show you the best solutions to the challenges laid out in the course.
By the end of this course, you will become a confident “Python Pro”, ready to take up any challenge and solve it with your mastery. So, are you up for the challenge?
What You Will Learn
- Develop a robust understanding of Python’s modules and data structures
- Handle databases and various data formats such as XML, JSON, CSV and SQLite
- Improve your skills working with strings and regular expressions
- Parse datetimes and timezones Python s module with an emphasis on timezone-related functions
- Explore and extract insights from the web
- Discover core concepts of network communication and Python networking
- Build data scraping tools you can keep hold of, and explore Python libraries like beautifulsoup4 to pull requests easily
- Explore the world of Design Patterns to expand and enhance your “Python Pro” skills
- Cover core concepts of network communication, use TCP sockets to create client and server network applications.
This course will appeal to Python developers who are interested in solving real-world programming problems.
This course has challenges for Python developers and aspiring “Python Pros” of all levels.
About The Author
Matthew Macarty: Matthew Macarty has taught graduate and undergraduate business school students for over 15 years and currently teaches at Bentley University. He has taught courses in statistics, quantitative methods, information systems and database design.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Implement Data Structures Using the Collections Module
- Chapter 2 : Data Analysis with Pandas
- Chapter 3 : Handling Various Data Formats and Databases
- Chapter 4 : Working with Dates and Time Zones
- Chapter 5 : Decorators and Context Managers
- Chapter 6 : Working with Itertools Module
- Chapter 7 : Fundamental Concepts in Object-Oriented Programming in Python
- Chapter 8 : Writing Regular Expressions in Python
- Chapter 9 : Working with Strings in Python
- Chapter 10 : Web Scraping with Python
- Chapter 11 : Design Patterns
- Chapter 12 : Network Programming with Python
- Title: The Modern Python Challenge
- Release date: May 2020
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839219238
You might also like
Python in Containers
Docker and Kubernetes are must-have skills for Python engineers these days. Whether your focus is on …
Python Survival Skills
6.5+ Hours of Video Instruction Take your Python skills to the next level! Overview helps you …
Python Algorithms: Mastering Basic Algorithms in the Python Language, Second Edition
Python Algorithms, Second Edition explains the Python approach to algorithm analysis and design. Written by Magnus …
Developers power their projects with Python because it emphasizes readability, ease of use, and access to …