As with other technologies introduced in the past decade, artificial intelligence is the subject of many market predictions. But what exactly is current commercial adoption of AI beyond academic labs? In this ten-page report, Spiderbook cofounder Aman Naimat provides the results of a data-driven analysis into the U.S. industries and companies using or building AI products right now.
Although some so-called AI applications aren’t actually cognitive, there are technologies capable of achieving human- or superhuman-level intelligence on given tasks. Naimat and his team canvassed nearly 500,000 companies and used Spiderbook’s graph-based machine-learning model to read the business Internet and classify businesses into different levels of AI maturity.
With eye-catching charts and visualizations, this report presents findings that include:
- AI investment by industry, such as automotive, financial services, and telecommunications
- Companies within each industry actively investing in AI
- The top 20 companies investing in AI, including the usual suspects and relative unknowns
- AI use cases that receive budget resources
- The number of companies building AI applications and investing in AI as a strategic direction
- The number of companies investing in AI technology subcategories, such as deep learning and autonomous vehicles
- Physical locations of AI-oriented companies in the United States by state
- Title: The New Artificial Intelligence Market
- Release date: August 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491962329
You might also like
Practical Statistics for Data Scientists
Statistical methods are a key part of of data science, yet very few data scientists have …
Building Machine Learning Pipelines
Companies are spending billions on machine learning projects, but it’s money wasted if the models can’t …
Practical Statistics for Data Scientists, 2nd Edition
Statistical methods are a key part of data science, yet few data scientists have formal statistical …
Artificial intelligence is quickly moving from experimental to practical use. In the next few years, every …