Everything you ever wanted to know about consulting—a practical roadmap for aspiring entrepreneurs
Seismic changes occurring in the workforce are leading to more and more people entering the world of contract, freelance, and contingency work. Rapid changes in demographics and advances in technology have led companies and talent to engage in profoundly new ways and consulting is one of the keys to success.
The New Business of Consulting is authentic and practical, and shares the knowledge and skills required to start and grow a successful consulting business. From how to make a smooth career transition, to how to determine a consulting fee, to how consultants inadvertently create a bad reputation, it covers everything you need to know to thrive and flourish in this competitive field.
- Covers contemporary topics, such as how to achieve success in the gig economy
- Discloses a reliable technique to land the clients you want
- Presents options to help you balance your life and your business
- Prepares you for naming your business, managing critical financial issues, and building a client relationship
- Shows you how to take your income and impact beyond working as a solopreneur
The crucial start-up days of a consulting business may be frenetic and fraught with questions. This new edition provides sanity and answers all the questions. It includes practical tools, templates, and checklists that you can download and implement immediately.
Table of contents
- Exhibits and the Companion Website
- 1 So You Want to Be a Consultant
- 2 Talents and Tolerance
- 3 Dollars and Sense
- 4 Starting . . .
- 5 … And Staying in Business
- 6 The Cost of Doing Business
- 7 Building a Client Relationship
- 8 Growing Pains
- 9 The Ethics of the Business
- 10 Exude Professionalism
- 11 Do You Still Want to Be a Consultant?
- Reading List
- About the Author
- END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
- Title: The New Business of Consulting
- Release date: May 2019
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119556909
You might also like
Delivering Business Analysis: The BA Service handbook
Business analysis (BA) is an important business operation, and with some coordinated effort, it can become …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
The Phoenix Project
Bill is an IT manager at Parts Unlimited. It's Tuesday morning and on his drive into …
Full Stack Serverless
Cloud computing is typically associated with backend development and DevOps. But with the rise of serverless …