Discover the secrets of world-class leadership!
When it comes to refined service and exquisite hospitality, one name stands high above the rest: The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. With ceaseless attention to every luxurious detail, the company has set the bar for creating memorable customer experiences in world-class settings. Now, for the first time, the leadership secrets behind the company's extraordinary success are revealed.
The New Gold Standard takes you on an exclusive tour behind the scenes of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. Granted unprecedented access to the company's executives, staff, and its award-winning Leadership Center training facilities, bestselling author Joseph Michelli explored every level of leadership within the organization. He emerged with the key principles leaders at any company can use to provide a customer experience unlike any other, such as:
- Understanding the ever-evolving needs of customers
- Empowering employees by treating them with the utmost respect
- Anticipating customers' unexpressed needs and concerns
- Developing and conducting an unsurpassed training regimen
Sharing engaging stories from the company's employees--from the corporate office and hotels around the globe--Michelli describes the innovative methods the company uses to create peerless guest experiences and explains how it constantly hones and improves them.
The New Gold Standard weaves practical how-to advice, proven leadership tools, and the wisdom of experts to help you create and embed superior customer-service principles, processes, and practices in your own organization.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- The New Gold Standard
- Copyright Page
- 1 The Ritz-Carlton Experience
- PRINCIPLE 1 Define and Refine
- PRINCIPLE 2 Empower through Trust
- PRINCIPLE 3 It’s Not about You
- PRINCIPLE 4 Deliver Wow!
- PRINCIPLE 5 Leave a Lasting Footprint
- Title: The New Gold Standard: 5 Leadership Principles for Creating a Legendary Customer Experience Courtesy of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
- Release date: July 2008
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071641630
You might also like
Experiential Learning: Experience as the Source of Learning and Development, Second Edition
Experiential learning is a powerful and proven approach to teaching and learning that is based on …
How Spotify uses machine learning to personalize the user experience
Understanding user listening behavior is essential for personalizing music listening experiences on Spotify. Mounia Lalmas explains …
Fundamentals of Data Visualization
Effective visualization is the best way to communicate information from the increasingly large and complex datasets …
The Future Leader
Are you a future-ready leader? Based on exclusive interviews with over 140 of the world's top …