IN THE NETWORKS AND Communications Security domain, students will learn about the network structure, data transmission methods, transport formats, and the security measures used to maintain integrity, availability, authentication, and confidentiality of the information being transmitted. Concepts for both public and private communication networks will be discussed.
The following topics are addressed in this chapter:
- Security issues related to networks
- OSI and TCP/IP models
- Network topographies and relationships (e.g., ring, star, bus, mesh, tree)
- Commonly used ports and protocols
- Telecommunications technologies
- Converged communications
- POTS, PBX
- Attacks and countermeasures ...