Get The Perfect Corporate Board: A Handbook for Mastering the Unique Challenges of Small-Cap Companies now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.
Hiring the Right Investment Bank
Key considerations for directors:
• Small-cap companies can’t effectively shop for the right investment bank if they don’t know what they’re buying first.
• Though rarely utilized, data should drive investment banking selection—not the data supplied by investment banks in their marketing materials.
• There are special considerations companies should take into account when they retain investment banks for ATMs, RDs, CMPOs, and follow-ons.
Common mistakes to avoid:
• Small-cap companies are often too quick to default to the company’s existing bankers for a prospective financing—they might be the best choice, but they might not be.
• Officers and directors tend ...