No credit card required
Ins and Outs of Equity Research
Key considerations for directors:
• Small-cap directors need to understand the “business” of equity research if they are to help management garner and maintain research coverage.
• Notwithstanding how critical equity research is to many small-cap companies, many aren’t credible candidates.
• Quality is more important than quantity, since not all research is created equal.
• Management needs to target analysts wisely, but also understand that anyone can write research on the company – good or bad.
Common mistakes to avoid:
• Management is often too impatient with the process of garnering coverage.
• Analysts aren’t “friends” of the company; sell-side research ...