Are you ready for an Elements book that breaks all the rules–again?
Like the best-selling former edition, The Photoshop Elements 4 Book for Digital Photographers breaks new ground by doing something for digital photographers that’s rarely done–it cuts through the bull and shows you exactly "how to do it." It’s not a bunch of theory; it doesn’t challenge you to come up with your own settings or figure things out on your own. Instead, it does something that virtually no other Elements book has ever done–it tells you flat-out which settings to use, when to use them, and why.
If you’re looking for one of those "tell-me-everything-about-the-Unsharp-Mask-filter" books, this isn’t it. You can grab any other Elements book on the shelf, because they all do that. Instead, this book gives you the inside tips and tricks of the trade for correcting, editing, sharpening, retouching, and presenting your photos like a pro. You’ll be absolutely amazed at how easy and effective these techniques are–once you know the secrets.
Newly updated to cover
Photoshop Elements 4, this full-color, easy-to-follow guide
includes new tips that take advantage of Elements 4's hottest new
features, including the Magic Selection Brush, which offers a quick
way to make accurate selections in your photos; Magic Extractor,
which lets you select an image and instantly remove the background;
Auto Red Eye and Auto Skin tone tools; cool slideshow effects
(text, graphics, narration, pans and zooms, and more); online
sharing service; and more!
This book is for Windows users only.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Author
- Table of Contents
- Read this First, Before Something Bad Happens
- Chapter 1. Organized Chaos: managing photos using the organizer
- Chapter 2. Raw Hide: mastering camera raw
- Chapter 3. Super Size Me: resizing and cropping
- Chapter 4. Color Me Badd: color correction for photographers
- Chapter 5. The Big Fixx: digital camera image problems
- Chapter 6. The Mask: selection techniques
- Chapter 7. Head Games: retouching portraits
- Chapter 8. Take Me Away: removing unwanted objects
- Chapter 9. 38 Special: photographic special effects
- Chapter 10. Get Back: photo restoration techniques
- Chapter 11. Sharp Dressed Man: sharpening techniques
- Chapter 12. The Show Must Go On: showing it to your clients
- Chapter 13. Create (or Die): how to make Presentations With Your Photos
- Additional Resources
- Title: The Photoshop® Elements 4 Book for Digital Photographers
- Release date: November 2005
- Publisher(s): New Riders
- ISBN: 0321384830