Overloaded? I'll bet you are.
We all lead busy lives. You fall into bed exhausted at the end of the day, feeling that you've got a lot done. Perhaps you are getting lots done.
But is it stuff that really matters? Or is it just stuff?
It's time to wise up. You will never clear that list.
Get used to the idea that some things will never get done. Not delayed. Not rescheduled. Not re-prioritized. But simply dropped.
And from now on, instead of trying to clear that endless to-do list, you're going to do a much smarter thing. You're going to just do the important stuff.
And the brilliant thing is, you already have the power to do this.
That power is to do less.
Soon enough, you'll have the space to enjoy the moment, be creative, find new or better ways of doing things, get ideas, and spot opportunities you would have missed when you were running around.
In short - you'll be happier. Much happier.
As soon as you stop doing, the power of doing less will begin to flow.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- To The Hesitating Purchaser
- Overloaded? I'll Bet You Are
- Maybe It's Time For a Change
- Chapter 1: THIS PROBLEM IS REALLY SERIOUS
- Chapter 2: WHY TIME MANAGEMENT COURSES DON'T WORK
- Chapter 3: YOU WILL NEVER GET EVERYTHING DONE
- Chapter 4: KNOWING WHAT THE “RIGHT STUFF” IS
- Chapter 5: FILTER ONE – TO DO OR NOT TO DO
- Chapter 6: FILTER TWO – DOING IT ON YOUR TERMS
- Chapter 7: Don't Feel Guilty
- Chapter 8: It'S About Good Habits
- Chapter 9: The Harvest
- Image Credits
- About the Author
- Title: The Power of Doing Less: Why Time Management Courses Don't Work And How To Spend Your Precious Life On The Things That Really Matter
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9780857084217
You might also like
Time Management: 24 Techniques to Make Each Minute Count at Work
MAXIMIZE YOUR PRODUCTIVITY, ENHANCE YOUR MANAGERIAL SKILLS, AND SHARPEN YOUR EDGE IN BUSINESS! They say time …
Eat That Frog!, 3rd Edition
Stop Procrastinating Get More of the Important Things Done—Today! There just isn't enough time for everything …
The Year Without Pants: WordPress.com and the Future of Work
A behind-the-scenes look at the firm behind WordPress.com and the unique work culture that contributes to …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …