Revealing the difference between great slides and great presentations
Based on a proven process from one of the world's most prominent presentation consultancy and design firms, The Presentation Lab challenges everything you thought you knew about creating and delivering engaging business presentations. Author Simon Morton shares his unique Presentation Optimization methodology and takes readers on a journey of evolution and revolution to discover what makes an effective presentation (and you may be surprised to know that great design is the last thing you need to worry about).
Using practical tips and drawing on Simon's experiences working with companies around the globe, The Presentation Lab will help everyone who ever needs to present by revealing what works, what doesn't and, more importantly, why. The Presentation Lab tackles "Death by PowerPoint" head on by dispelling presentation myths, examining the latest presentation innovations, exploring new concepts for audience engagement and delivery and challenging to status quo of today's business presentation landscape.
Table of Contents
- Element A: Introduction
- Element B: The Basic Tools for the Job
Element C: The Base Elements of Your Presentation
- C1: The Base Elements of Your Presentation
- C2: Respect the Audience
- C3: Audiences: The Most Complex of Beasts . . .
- C4: The Audience Pathway
- C5: Message: What’s the Point?
- C6: Messaging: Simplicity Is Not Stupidity
- C7: Give Them Something They Will Remember . . . And Then Let It Travel
- C8: Structuring Your Message: The Power of the Storyflow
Element D: Creating Compelling Content
- D1: What Is Content?
- D2: Slicing Up Your Content (With a Little Help from Occam’s Razor)
- D3: Valuable Visuals
- D4: A Picture Paints a Thousand (Different) Words . . .
- D5: Open Access Imagery
- D6: Art over Effectiveness
- D7: Dealing with Data
- D8: From Visual Concept to Visual Presentation Aid
- D9: In Conclusion
- Element E: Delivering the Final Results
- Element F: Putting the Theory into Practice
- Element G: In Case of Emergency . . . Strategies for Dealing with Last Minute Deadlines
- Element H: Conclusion
- End User License Agreement
- Title: The Presentation Lab: Learn the Formula Behind Powerful Presentations
- Release date: March 2014
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118687000