Go from absolute beginner to passing your PSM I exam first time with this comprehensive guide. Packed with practical examples, this book is updated for the latest Scrum guidelines to turn you into a Scrum Master!
About This Audiobook
- Go from absolute beginner to exam-ready with detailed explorations of Scrum use-cases
- Understand the different applications of agile concepts, and how to best apply them to your business
- Discover expert tips and work with real-world examples to pass the PSM I certification exam first time
Ever wondered why you’d use Scrum over other process frameworks? Or what makes Agile just so agile? Or why you should bother with the PSM certification? This book has you covered.
The Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) Guide is a comprehensive tutorial that will not only introduce you to the basics of Scrum, but build you up to be ready to pass your PSM I exam first time round. Where other books avoid detail, this guide provides you with detailed practical examples to take you from being an apprentice to becoming a master.
Assuming you’re a total beginner, this book will introduce you to Scrum methodologies with detailed use cases, teaching you the secrets of Scrum in such a way that you’ll be well-equipped for the PSM I exam.
This book demonstrates the real-world applications of Scrum in a variety of scenarios, all with practical examples.
You’ll understand why the structure of your Scrum team matters, what you can achieve with properly planned sprints, and how to create and manage sprint and product backlogs. The chapters are regularly concluded with quizzes relevant to the exam, reinforcing the values you learn on your journey. Finally, it concludes with some exam preparation and myth-dispelling to make sure you have an edge when it comes to earning your certificate. This is a guide that’ll ensure you won’t fall behind in an ever increasingly agile world.
Assuming no prior knowledge of Scrum, this book is for professionals who want to build a strong foundation in Scrum practices with the intention of passing the PSM I exam. If you're a product owner or project manager looking to stay relevant in an agile world, this book is essential to helping you become a Scrum Master.
Table of contents
- Opening Credits
- Dedication and Contributors
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Scrum
- Chapter 2: Scrum Theory and Principles
- Chapter 3: The Scrum Team
- Chapter 4: Scrum Events
- Chapter 5: Scrum Artifacts
- Chapter 6: Planning and Estimating with Scrum
- Chapter 7: The Sprint Journey
- Chapter 8: Facets of Scrum
- Chapter 9: Preparing for the PSM I Assessment
- Closing Credits
- Title: The Professional Scrum Master (PSM I) Guide
- Release date: January 2023
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781805126133
You might also like
96 Great Interview Questions to Ask Before You Hire, 3rd Edition
With more than 120,000 copies sold, this hiring classic gets results. Why do so many promising …
Lean DevOps: A Practical Guide to On Demand Service Delivery
Beyond tools and hype! Today’s pragmatic guide to implementing DevOps across even the most complex entire …
Grokking Functional Programming
There’s no need to fear going functional! This friendly, lively, and engaging guide is perfect for …
Understanding Design Thinking, Lean, and Agile
Highly touted methodologies, such as Agile, Lean, and Design Thinking, leave many organizations bamboozled by an …