Chapter 15. Classes and object-oriented programming
This chapter covers
- Defining classes
- Using instance variables and @property
- Defining methods
- Defining class variables and methods
- Inheriting from other classes
- Making variables and methods private
- Inheriting from multiple classes
In this chapter, we discuss Python classes, which can be used in a manner analogous to C structures but which can also be used in a full object-oriented manner. For the benefit of readers who aren’t object-oriented programmers, we’ll discuss the use of classes as structures in the first two subsections.
The remainder of the chapter discusses OOP in Python. This is only a description of the constructs available in Python; it’s not an exposition on object-oriented ...