Learn about the very latest in real-time data processing tools, architectures, and applications with this video collection of select talks from the five Strata + Hadoop World conferences in 2016. You'll see world-class experts like Jay Kreps (Confluent) and Michael Armbrust (Databricks) discuss advances in tools such as Kafka and Spark, and leaders in the field explain how they design real-time platforms at scale, address common challenges, and implement streaming architectures across industries.
With The Real-time Video Collection: 2016, you get the full year of real-time talks, no matter when you purchase during 2016.
Here's how it works: After each conference wraps up, we'll update the video with an additional batch of talks. This year's conferences are being held in June, August, September and December. Content from Strata + Hadoop World San Jose, held in March 2016, is already available, and includes 11 talks from experts in real-time data processing.
Table of contents
San Jose 2016: Real-Time Tools
- Distributed stream processing with Apache Kafka - Jay Kreps (Confluent)
- Apache Spark and real-time analytics: From interactive queries to streaming - Michael Armbrust (Databricks)
- Fast data made easy with Apache Kafka and Apache Kudu (incubating) - Ted Malaska (Cloudera), Jeff Holoman (Cloudera)
- Apache Flink: Streaming done right - Kostas Tzoumas (data Artisans)
- Real-time Hadoop: What an ideal messaging system should bring to Hadoop - Ted Dunning (MapR Technologies)
- Designing a scalable real-time data platform using Akka, Spark Streaming, and Kafka - Alex Silva (Pluralsight)
- Pulsar: Real-time analytics at scale leveraging Kafka, Kylin, and Druid - Tony Ng (eBay, Inc.)
- Lessons learned building a scalable self-serve, real-time, multitenant monitoring service at Yahoo - Sumeet Singh (Yahoo), Mridul Jain (Yahoo)
- San Jose 2016: Real-Time Applications
- London 2016: Real-time Tools
- London 2016: Real-time Architectures
- London 2016: Real-time Applications
- Title: The Real-Time Video Collection: 2016
- Release date: June 2016
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491965801
You might also like
Effective Java, 3rd Edition
Since this Jolt-award winning classic was last updated in 2008, the Java programming environment has changed …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
The Self-Service Data Roadmap
Data-driven insights are a key competitive advantage for any industry today, but deriving insights from raw …
The Staff Engineer's Path
For years, companies have rewarded their most effective engineers with management positions. But treating management as …