Crises and scandals in the world of international management have brought a new spotlight onto how the subject is taught, studied and understood. There has been a plethora of literature on international management, but a lack of focus on how international management education (IME) can be shaped to respond to existing and future global business challenges.
The Routledge Companion to International Management Education gathers together contributors from academia, industry and university administration involved in IME, to: introduce the domain of IME; describe the emerging state in new geographical areas; discuss the major issues and debates revolving around IME; explore the linkage of technology and international management, and shed light on the future of IME. The diverse background of the contributors provides a global perspective that challenges the dominant Anglo-American view, with up-to-date specific insights originating from their indigenous view points, which has often been neglected and inadequately covered. The volume answers important questions, such as:
- Do we need a vision in IME?
- What is the current state of IME?
- How has IME grown in emerging market segments?
- What roles does technology play in its recent development?
The volume provides thought-provoking reading for educators, administrators, policy makers, human resources professionals and researchers. It will also give future international management students a glimpse of IME from a global inside-out perspective.
Table of contents
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Table of Contents
- List of figures
- List of tables
- List of contributors
- Part I Fundamentals of international management education
- Part II What is international management education?
Part III International management education and its evolving context
- 11 International management in Brazil: an international and interdisciplinary perspective
- 12 Cultural aspects and consequences for the international management education of marketing in ex-Soviet bloc countries
- 13 Understanding international ethics and corporate responsibility with a holistic approach: the case of Korean universities
- 14 Teaching international management in the UAE: issues and avenues for solutions
- 15 Russian wildcard in international management education
- 16 International management education in China: a blessing or a curse?
- 17 The current state of international management education in Southeast Asia
- 18 A case of international management education in Africa: the University of Botswana
Part IV Technology and international management education
- 19 Challenges, changes, new technologies and a new paradigm facing Polish IME in a globalized education era
- 20 Dispersing knowledge with films in North America
- 21 The promise of mobile learning: is this really a paradigm shift in international management education or is it déjà vu?
- 22 The impact of IT: reaching the customers and the employees
- 23 Using information technology to support international management
Part V Rethinking international management education
- 24 The internationalization of international management education and its limitations
- 25 Buzzwords in international management education
- 26 International neuromanagement: deconstructing international management education with neuroscience
- 27 Developing successful international management educational programs: meeting the requirements of entrepreneurial ventures and their business environments
- Appendix 1
- Appendix 2
- Appendix 3
- Title: The Routledge Companion to International Management Education
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781134112494
You might also like
The Principles of Banking
The ultimate guide for bank management: how to survive and thrive throughout the business cycle An …
Better Business, 5/e
Conversational, question and answer approach to contemporary business introduces the business content readers need--in a better …
International Corporate Finance: Value Creation with Currency Derivatives in Global Capital Markets, + Website
A thorough introduction to corporate finance from a renowned professor of finance and banking As globalization …
Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide
Recent research has shown that organizations continue to experience project issues associated with the poor performance …