1. J. Liker, The Toyota Way: 14 Management Principles from the World’s Greatest Manufacturer (New York: McGraw-Hill, 2003).
2. M. Porter, Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance (New York: Free Press, 1985).
3. Lee Kun-Hee, “Essay,” Dong-A Daily, 1997.
4. This is often referred to as X-inefficiency. For detailed information on X-inefficiency, refer to C. Markides, Diversification, Refocusing, and Economic Performance (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1995).
5. G. F. Davis, K. A. Diekmann, and C. H. Tinsley, “The Decline and Fall of the Conglomerate Firm in the 1980s: The Deinstitutionalization of an Organizational Form,” American Sociological Review, 59 (1994): 547–570.
6. R. M. Grant, Contemporary ...