CHAPTER 5The Six Sigma Roadmap
IN THIS CHAPTER we conclude our Executive Overview with a look at the ideal Roadmap for establishing the Six Sigma system and launching improvements. These five steps, depicted in Fig. 5.1, feature what we would suggest are “core competencies” for a successful 21st-century organization:
1. Identify core processes and key customers.
2. Define customer requirements.
3. Measure current performance.
4. Prioritize, analyze, and implement improvements.
5. Expand and integrate the Six Sigma system.
Advantages of the Six Sigma Roadmap
The Roadmap is not the only path to Six Sigma improvement; you will very likely need to adjust the order of these steps, or even start more than one of them simultaneously. In Part Two we’ll ...