This book is the missing set of standards for SketchUp and LayOut. The SketchUp Workflow for Architecture provides a flexible, clear set of rules for organizing any type of building project in SketchUp: renovation, new construction, residential, commercial, high-rise, low-rise, industrial. It is up to the user to process these techniques and strategies, and then apply them to projects. In this chapter you will pick up a few tips on how to best absorb the information and get the most out of this book.
This book covers advanced concepts performed with advanced operations. These are not workarounds; rather they are clever ways to use SketchUp to expedite the design process. With The SketchUp Workflow for Architecture and some practice, you will be able to:
- Speak knowledgeably about Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Organize and manage PROJECT folders in an efficient manner.
- Effectively use the Modeling tools and organization containers in SketchUp.
- Create and customize a timesaving SketchUp template.
- Tailor the SketchUp modeling environment to fit your professional needs.
- Create and organize collections for materials, components, styles, and templates.
- Find, install, and utilize valuable ruby scripts.
- Fully understand the value of LayOut and its dynamic links to SketchUp and other insertable content.
- Tailor the LayOut drafting environment to fit your professional needs.
- Create and organize collections for scrapbooks and title blocks.
- Create site plans and ...