1. The term “social media” appears to have been first coined by Darrell Berry back in 1995 in a discussion of “social media spaces”—the evolution of the web into a network of users rather than a network of pages; .
2. See Bain’s The Ultimate Question 2.0 by Fred Reichheld and Bob Markey for these and other data points and insights into the power of customer recommendation.
3. Reported in Social Commerce Today; .
4. Norman, L., The Public Mirror: Molière and the Social Commerce of Depiction (1999).
5. Reported in Social Commerce Today;