To solve any mystery, detectives rely on their experience along with proven tools and techniques to unravel the conundrum. This IBM Redbook addresses the often illusive mystery known as software deployment success. The information, practices, and methods presented in this book have enabled many IBM customers to achieve their business and IT goals more quickly and efficiently. IBM has accumulated a wealth of knowledge and experience in software deployment. The technologies we have developed, the best practices we have authored, and the employees we have cultivated are our greatest assets. Like a detective explaining how the mystery was solved, we use this redbook to pass on to you -- our customers -- the experience, knowledge, and wisdom we have accumulated after years of solving software deployment mysteries.
The primary audience for this redbook is the person who has ultimate ownership for software deployment performance. We refer to this person as the Enterprise Business Sponsor (EBS). Secondary audiences include anyone who is engaged in software deployment activities. Both audiences benefit from the practices and procedures described.
Table of Contents
- Why focus on software deployment?
- Roles and responsibilities
- Software deployment best practices
- Value realization
- Software deployment Phase 1: Prepare for deployment
- Software deployment Phase 2: Refine and promote the plan
- Software deployment Phase 3: Deploy software
- Managing software deployment projects
- Managing global software deployment projects
- Software deployment tools
- Software solution work products
- Software deployment checklist
- Global software deployment checklist
- Additional material
- Related publications
- Back cover
- Title: The Software Deployment Mystery - Solved! A Customer Guide
- Release date: February 2004
- Publisher(s): IBM Redbooks
- ISBN: 0738498416