Def: Spark (n) - an elusive moment when a new idea strikes that has the potential to transform the way you do business.
Big or small, new ideas are the lifeblood of all successful businesses. They are responsible for higher profits, quicker growth and game-changing innovations.
But how do you foster a creative culture, nurture new ideas and manage the people behind the electricity?
The Spark answers these questions and more, unravelling the mystique around business creativity and offering 10 practical steps to building an innovative team and becoming an inspiring creative leader.
Table of contents
- About the author
- Publisher’s acknowledgements
- Author’s acknowledgements
- Introduction: The Spark
- Habit 1 Start an electric conversation
- Habit 2 Break the management rules
- Habit 3 Lead with creative choices
- Habit 4 Become a talent impresario
- Habit 5 Know why you do what you do
- Habit 6 Connect through shared values
- Habit 7 Build a business playground
- Habit 8 Balance focus with freedom
- Habit 9 Demolish idea barriers
- Habit 10 Encourage collisions
- Ten creative business myths debunked
- Imprint Page
- Title: The Spark
- Release date: July 2014
- Publisher(s): FT Publishing International
- ISBN: 9781292005317
You might also like
Sams Teach Yourself Apache Spark™ in 24 Hours
Apache Spark is a fast, scalable, and flexible open source distributed processing engine for big data …
Production-targeted Spark guidance with real-world use cases Spark: Big Data Cluster Computing in Production goes beyond …
Joe Celko's SQL for Smarties, 5th Edition
SQL for Smarties was hailed as the first book devoted explicitly to the advanced techniques needed …
Managing Innovation: Integrating Technological, Market and Organizational Change, 5th Edition
Managing Innovation is an established, bestselling text for MBA, MSc and advanced undergraduate courses on innovation …