The adventure truly begins at the start of the rehearsal period. Your work organizing initial details and establishing rapport with actors and production team members will now pay off as the show comes to life. The stage manager’s overarching goal is to keep everyone on the same page—facilitating discoveries in the rehearsal hall and sharing those discoveries with personnel not in attendance at the time.
– Prepare and distribute daily and weekly schedules.
– Record blocking in the prompt book.
– Help the director and actors understand specifics of the designs.
– Schedule costume fittings, dialect sessions, interviews, and other activities outside the rehearsal hall.
– Generate daily rehearsal reports. ...