This effective guide shows you how to identify and develop the strengths of both yourself and your people, and ensure that talent is spotted and nurtured at every step.
Strengths-Focused Leadership is the only step-by-step practical guide on the market to identifying and enhancing people’s innate strengths - which leads to higher levels of energy, job satisfaction and engagement.
Rather than relying on online assessment tools, this book shows you how to discover your strengths yourself and how to use this process to assist others.
The authors have used their executive coaching backgrounds to build a practical model for using and applying the strengths focus. The MORE model focuses on 4 key elements:
- Myself – how do I identify and develop my own strengths and overcome my weaknesses?
- Others – how do I help my people do the same?
- Regular conversations – how do I ensure that ‘strengths thinking’ becomes part of business as usual?
- Employee processes – how do I apply a strengths focus to recruitment, induction and performance?
Broken into 3 chapters on each element, the Model teaches you how to use the strengths focus to tackle key business challenges – collaboration, change and strategy.
Table of contents
- Title page
- About the authors
- Part 1 What is strengths-focused leadership?
Part 2 The MORE model
- My strengths
- 3 Identifying my own strengths
- 4 Developing my strengths and managing my weaknesses
- 5 Aligning my goals and objectives with my strengths
- Others’ strengths
- 6 Introducing a strengths focus to others
- 7 Identifying and developing strengths in others
- 8 Supporting others to manage their weaknesses
- Regular conversations
- 9 Applying a strengths focus to day-to-day conversations
- 10 Strengths-focused meetings
- 11 Strengths-focused coaching
- Employee processes
- 12 Strengths-focused performance appraisals
- 13 Strengths-focused development discussions
- 14 Strengths-focused recruitment
Part 3 Applying the strengths focus to business challenges
- 15 Building high-performing teams
- 16 Leading change
- 17 Developing strategy
- Putting it all together
- What did you think of this book?
- On a final note
- Appendix 1: Dictionary of strengths
- Appendix 2: Template for business objectives action plan
- Appendix 3: Template for development objectives action plan
- Appendix 4: A strengths-focused team development plan
- Praise for A Strengths-Focused Guide to Leadership
- Title: The Strengths-Focused Guide to Leadership
- Release date: November 2014
- Publisher(s): FT Publishing International
- ISBN: 9781292064208
You might also like
Emotional Intelligence Training
When it comes to reaching peak performance, emotional intelligence is key. Research shows that emotional intelligence …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …
Handbook of Leadership Theory and Practice
Scores of books and articles have been written in the popular press and mainstream marketplace about …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …