New economic data are reported by the media virtually every trading day. Investors--big or small--have to understand how these reports influence their investments, portfolios, and future sources of income.
The new edition of The Trader's Guide to Key Economic Indicators homes in on the most important economic statistics used on Wall Street today and in a clear and concise voice tells you exactly what these important reports measure and what they really mean.
With two new chapters on commodities and fixed-income indicators, this fully updated edition will be an easy-to-use desk reference for new readers, but will also be favored by fans of the first book.
From GDP and employment to consumer confidence and spending, you'll learn what to look for and how to react. This handy reference, illustrated with scores of instructive graphs and charts, will put you ahead of the market curves.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- HOW TO USE THIS BOOK
- WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS BOOK?
- Chapter 1 - Gross Domestic Product
- Chapter 2 - Indexes of Leading, Lagging, and Coincident Indicators
- Chapter 3 - The Employment Situation
- Chapter 4 - Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization
- Chapter 5 - Institute for Supply Management Indexes
- Chapter 6 - Manufacturers’ Shipments, Inventories, and Orders
- Chapter 7 - Manufacturing and Trade Inventories and Sales
- Chapter 8 - New Residential Construction
- Chapter 9 - Conference Board Consumer Confidence and University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Indexes
- Chapter 10 - Advance Monthly Sales for Retail and Food Services
- Chapter 11 - Personal Income and Outlays
- Chapter 12 - Consumer and Producer Price Indexes
- Chapter 13 - The Fixed-Income Market
- Chapter 14 - Commodities
- About Bloomberg
- About the Author
- Continuing Education Exam for CFP Continuing Education Credit
- Title: The Trader's Guide to Key Economic Indicators: Updated and Expanded Edition
- Release date: November 2007
- Publisher(s): Bloomberg Press
- ISBN: 9781576603017
You might also like
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Python for Finance, 2nd Edition
The financial industry has recently adopted Python at a tremendous rate, with some of the largest …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …