Criteria for Selecting Packaged Programs
Use the following checklist to evaluate packaged programs you are considering. Choose those criteria that are important to you and your organization. Then apply each criterion to the program you are evaluating in order to make the best decision for your particular situation. This is also a valuable tool to use in justifying the cost of purchasing the program.
- Program is based on solid research.
- Absolute, bottom-line price is reasonably low.
- Cost/value ratio is low.
- Payment flexibility, discounts, and so on, are available.
- Vendor company has good reputation in the field.
- You own course materials, versus renting/leasing them.
- Vendor has client referrals available to be contacted.
- You have good relationship with vendor's rep.
- Vendor's representative is knowledgeable.
- Program can be customized.
- Industry-specific version is available.
- Program is time-tested, has been around awhile.
- Program is new or updated.
- You previously worked with vendor.
- Quality of the vendor's formal proposal is high.
- Convenient access to vendor is possible.
- Quality of course materials is high.
- Leader's guide is easy to follow.
- Course materials are immediately available.
- Specific participant is targeted, that is, new or experienced.
- Program has unique concept, “it's different.”
- Materials are easy to use, few problems starting up.
- Program's objectives match yours. ...