Is your information security system fit for purpose?
Most businesses are now aware of the importance of information security. However, some organisations struggle to understand what an information security breach would mean from a business management point of view. This can lead to organisations investing in expensive solutions which may not necessarily address their requirements.
This pocket guide uses case studies to illustrate the possible breach scenarios that an organisation can face. It sets out a sensible, realistic assessment of the actual costs of a data or information breach and explains how managers can determine the business damage caused.
This balanced view helps managers and business decision makers to form better assessments of their organisation's information security needs. It also gives readers the knowledge to fend off any security vendors who might try to make sales by spreading panic and exaggerating the consequences of a breach.
With this book's help, you can make sure your information security system is right for your business.
Table of contents
- About the Authors
- CHAPTER 1: The Daily Breach
- CHAPTER 2: Information Security and Business Risk (1/3)
- CHAPTER 2: Information Security and Business Risk (2/3)
- CHAPTER 2: Information Security and Business Risk (3/3)
- CHAPTER 3: Cost Factors of a Breach (1/4)
- CHAPTER 3: Cost Factors of a Breach (2/4)
- CHAPTER 3: Cost Factors of a Breach (3/4)
- CHAPTER 3: Cost Factors of a Breach (4/4)
- CHAPTER 4: CASE STUDIES (1/5)
- CHAPTER 4: CASE STUDIES (2/5)
- CHAPTER 4: CASE STUDIES (3/5)
- CHAPTER 4: CASE STUDIES (4/5)
- CHAPTER 4: CASE STUDIES (5/5)
- CHAPTER 5: A Brief Checklist
- CHAPTER 6: Conclusion
- ITG Resources
- Title: The True Cost of Information Security Breaches: A Business Approach
- Release date: July 2013
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849284967
You might also like
Securing the Internet of Things
Securing the Internet of Things provides network and cybersecurity researchers and practitioners with both the theoretical …
Internet of Things
"Today we live in an era of internet where there are more connected devices than humans. …
Cyber Security Essentials
The sophisticated methods used in recent high-profile cyber incidents have driven many to need to understand …
Cyber Threat!: How to Manage the Growing Risk of Cyber Attacks
Conquering cyber attacks requires a multi-sector, multi-modal approach Cyber Threat! How to Manage the Growing Risk …