Fine art and pizza delivery, what we do falls neatly in between.
– David Letterman
After reading this chapter, you will:
1. Recognize the pervasiveness of computing in our lives
2. Be cognizant of the changing nature of computing and interaction and the need to design for it
3. Understand the traditional concept of usability and its roots
4. Have a working definition of user experience, what it is and is not
5. Understand the components of user experience, especially emotional impact
6. Recognize the importance of articulating a business case for user experience
1.1 Ubiquitous interaction
1.1.1 Desktops, Graphical User Interfaces, and the Web Are Still Here and Growing
The “old-fashioned” desktop, laptop, ...