When we think of martial arts, we think of self defense, but for the true practitioner it is so much more than that. It is a mindset, a form of mental discipline that enables the warrior to face any challenge with grace and strength. In The Warrior Mind, Jim Pritchard, a disciple of legendary Ninjitsu and Taijitsu masters, reveals how we can adopt this mindset whether or not we practice the physical components of the martial arts. Pritchard describes six mental principles:
* Attentive curiosity: slow down, observe calmly
* Undulation: move side-to-side to build strength
* Clear intent: know when and how to act
* Grappling: engage the issue or opponent with confidence
* Rolling waves: demonstrate persistence and the will to triumph
* Whirlwind: when necessary, unleash an all-out onslaught
Using colorful anecdotes, insightful examples, and inspiring stories, Pritchard shows how these six principles will help readers maintain focus and balance -- no matter what obstacles await them.