Choose the best speak-up arrangements for your organisation
The last five years have seen dramatic and fundamental changes in whistleblower procedures for organisations. Prompted by a spate of important public disclosures, organizations are now mandated by law to implement effective arrangements enabling employees to speak up about perceived wrongdoing. Currently few resources exist to help with this.
To help fill the gap, The Whistleblowing Guide examines the opportunities and challenges associated with different types of whistleblowing and speak-up arrangements, making recommendations based on best practices you can trust.
- Identifies the major organisational, structural and cultural obstacles to speaking up through speak-up arrangements
- Proposes effective whistleblowing and speak-up arrangements
- Explains the specific policy and legislation requirements that can promote or impede the effective implementation of speak-up arrangements, and how these can be translated into commercial and public organizations across sectors and cultures
- Makes a clear distinction between internal and external reporting arrangements
The Whistleblowing Guide offers conceptual clarification about these key issues, including a focus on internal and external speak-up procedures, organisational response and communication, impartiality and trust.
Table of contents
- About the Companion Website
- CHAPTER 1: Introduction: The Importance of Speak‐up Arrangements
- CHAPTER 2: Why Speak‐up Systems: Why Now?
- CHAPTER 3: A Comparative Study of Speak‐up Arrangements in Banking, Engineering, and Healthcare Sectors
CHAPTER 4: Challenges and Obstacles to Effective Speak‐up Arrangements
- HOW DO PEOPLE SPEAK UP?
- WHISTLEBLOWING IS A PROTRACTED PROCESS
- WHAT EXPECTATIONS DO SPEAK‐UPS ENTAIL?
- CHALLENGES OF OPERATING SPEAK‐UP ARRANGEMENTS
- BARRIERS TO RESPONSIVENESS
- STRATEGIES FOR TRUSTWORTHINESS (AND THEIR POTENTIAL PITFALLS)
- FACILITATORS OF RESPONSIVENESS
- USING SPEAK‐UP DATA
- BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER: A MODEL FOR DEVELOPING SUSTAINABLE SPEAK‐UP SYSTEMS
- CHAPTER 5: Speak‐up Procedures: A Guide for Professionals
- CHAPTER 6: Conclusions
- APPENDIX 1: Speak‐up Arrangements – Key Theories
- APPENDIX 2: Project Methodology
- APPENDIX 3: Other Resources
- End User License Agreement
- Title: The Whistleblowing Guide
- Release date: June 2019
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119360759
You might also like
The Handbook of Board Governance
Build a more effective board with insight from the forefront of corporate governance The Handbook of …
Whistleblowers: Incentives, Disincentives, and Protection Strategies
Solid guidance for managing whistleblower policies in light of the new Dodd-Frank Act provisions In July …
Private Equity Compliance
Develop and manage a private equity compliance program Compliance has become one of the fastest-growing areas …
Onboarding turns the key, opening the door to talent development Investing in onboarding means investing in …