1. This research is summarized in: Ulrich, D., and N. Smallwood (2003). Why the Bottom Line Isn’t. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Press.
2. These five companies are the only ones listed in both editions of the book The 100 Best Companies to Work For (1985 and 1993) and then on every list published in Fortune magazine since 1998.
3. Keynote address by Honorable Lyonchhen Jigmi Y. Thinley, prime minister of Bhutan, at the World HRD Congress 2010, Mumbai, 12 February 2010.
4. Bardwick, J. M. (2007). One Foot Out the Door: How to Combat the Psychological Recession That’s Alienating Employees and Hurting American Business. New York, NY: AMACOM.
5. Marks, N., A. Simms, S. Thompson, and S. Abdallah. (2006). The Happy Planet Index: An Index ...