IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL LEARN
- The principles and problems of multiprocessing.
- The different types of multiprocessing systems.
- The way 8086 handles multiprocessing.
- How the 8086 operates in a coprocessor configuration.
- How the 8086 works in conjunction with an I/O processor.
- The bus arbitration schemes used in loosely coupled systems.
- The use of the bus arbiter 8289 for bus arbitration.
- The relevance of IEEE 754 format for real numbers.
- Conversion from IEEE 754 number format to decimal numbers and vice versa.
- The architecture of the 8087 arithmetic coprocessor.
- To write programs using 8087 instructions.
What is multiprocessing?
Multiprocessing is a term used to indicate that the system contains ...