Programming the Peripherals of 8051
IN THIS CHAPTER, YOU WILL LEARN
- The pin diagram of 8051.
- The hardware features of 8051.
- The power on reset circuitry.
- The concept of ‘special function registers’ and their uses.
- The programming of timers in the polled mode.
- The interrupt structure of 8051.
- The programming of timers using interrupts.
- How to use the serial communication interface of 8051.
In Chapter 19, our focus was on the programming aspects of 8051. Once that chapter is understood thoroughly, it becomes very easy to move on to the hardware features of 8051.
Any microcontroller needs to place most of its focus on interfacing with peripherals. External peripherals are to be controlled by programs tested and finally ‘burned’ ...